Scrolling Slide

Romans 1:16 - For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes

Monday, December 30, 2013

" Good Things For Bad People "

Pin It

" GOOD THINGS FOR BAD PEOPLE "

Ever feel like you are trying to deny self and live the best you can yet your life is surrounded
by grief and troubles ??

Well if your like me, every now and then, the world just seems upside down.

It seems like those who refuse to submit to the will of God have the best lives, like everything
always goes there way.
They seem to be having all the fun.

It seems like here I am over here denying myself, and they are somewhere popping bottles.

In Psalm 73, Asaph lets us join in his experience as he feels the exact same way.
He vents about the prosperity of the wicked and the trials of the righteous.
But eventually he realizes that while the wicked are having a great time now,
God's people have something so much more valuable than any earthly thing !!

He snaps out of it and says these beautiful words,  " Whom have I in heaven but You ?
and there is nothing on earth that I desire but You.

My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever " (Psalm73:25-26)


Once we see God for who He truly is, all the spoils of this world will seem completely worthless !!

All of our other loves will fall into their proper place as we bow before the all - satisfying God of glory.

Do not let what others do or what they have in their lives effect the way you live your life.

" SEEK YE FIRST THE KINGDOM OF GOD AND HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS " (Matthew 6:33)

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Best Blogger Tips